Fuel Your Body For Optimal Performance
How you fuel your body can make the difference between success and failure. Our Performance Packages consist of a customized game plan to help athletes excel on and off the field.
- Body Fat Reduction: We will discuss your optimal body fat percentage for your sport, how your current eating habits affect your body fat, and what changes need to be made to achieve your goals.
- Lean Body Mass Increases: Gaining lean body mass (MUSCLE) is different than gaining overall weight. We will discuss how to change your eating in order to increase your lean body mass while keeping your body fat at an optimal level.
- Competition Eating: Pre and post workout fuel to perform
- Supplement Use: Supplements are meant to be just that- supplemental. After reviewing your current eating habits we will discuss different supplement options that may help reach your goals including info on safety, efficacy, and legality.
- Injury Rehab: Science has proven that certain macro- and micro- nutrients are needed to help you heal from injury- whether that injury is a simple sprain or one that requires surgery.
- Hydration Nutrition: Strength decreases 10% when you are just 3% dehydrated. You also raise your risk of injury and serious illness when you are dehydrated.
Initial Sports Nutrition Consultation
Get started with a sports performance initial consult to determine what nutritional gaps may be holding you back from reaching your athletic goals. From here, we will be able to recommend what program will be the best fit for you to achieve a level of performance that may not be possible on your own. You will only pay for the nutrition assessment if you do not move forward with one of our programs.
Beginner Performance Package
(6-sessions over 3 months)
This program provides a great foundation that guides the athlete to achieve a level of performance that provides a tailored meal plan to meet the athlete’s specific nutritional needs and body composition goals. Dietitians of Palm Valley will help you navigate your way through evidence based approaches to elevate your performance. As a result, the athlete will develop proper sport and daily nutrition habits to promote overall health and contribute to athletic success.
Competitive Performance Package
(12-sessions over 6 months)
The Competitive Performance Package will build on the foundation set by the beginner package to develop the necessary fueling habits to be a successful athlete. With the advanced program, Dietitians of Palm Valley will analyze the athlete’s demands based on training logs, practice schedules, and competition goals. From here, we will develop plans that prioritize nutrient timing to achieve optimal performance. Other tools that are included but not limited are lab work analysis, gameday/raceday fueling, grocery store tour, and access to 24/7 email.
Olympic Performance Package
(24-sessions over 12 months)
The Olympic Performance Package will build on the foundation of the beginner and competitive packages as well as provide structure and practical experiences required for an elite athlete. With the olympic program, Dietitians of Palm Valley will analyze the athlete’s demands in the periodization of training throughout the year. From here, we will develop plans and adjust fueling habits and nutrient timing to match the training demands. Other tools that are included but not limited to are supplement recommendations, body composition analysis, and access to 24/7 email.