Enjoy these muffins for a perfect fall snack! The high protein content will help balance your blood sugar and keep you feeling full between meals!
Yield: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal flour or all-purpose GF flour
- 1/2 cup protein powder (Garden of Life Vanilla works well)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey or agave
- Optional: 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips (sprinkled throughout all of the muffins)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Measure all the dry ingredients, including the spice blend into the bowl and mix together.
- Add in the pumpkin and eggs, and whisk well.
- Measure oil and honey and beat into the large bowl.
- Evenly distribute batter in 12 regular sized muffin cups. Fill them about 3/4 full to allow the muffins to rise.
- Sprinkle mini chocolate chips on the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from The Betty Rocker.