Written by: Anielly Rocha – Intern for the Dietitians of Palm Valley
We’re through with the first month of 2018, and as we reflect on the past exciting month and all our resolutions, we bring it to a close and think about what’s actually going to stick and what’s not. For us, what’s going to stick, is our ongoing support for you and our commitment to getting you to feel your healthiest!
I’m sure many of you have heard that it takes 21 days to form a habit. Well that means you’ve either succeeded in forming new habits or kept the old ones. If your response was the latter, this is when it’s time to readjust, see what’s working and what’s not. We want to encourage you to make new manageable steps towards a goal. When setting realistic goals, evaluate them and make sure they’re small enough to measure by the end of each week.
If you are trying to keep on track with a healthier lifestyle try:
- Drinking half your body weight in ounces of water.
Water increases energy, relieves fatigue, supports weight loss by increasing your metabolic rate, promotes regularity and flushes out toxins. After all, we are 60% water, our body needs it!
- Eating every 3-4 hours to keep your metabolism going.
Eating frequently ensures that your blood sugar levels remain balanced throughout the day. Balanced blood sugars contribute to consistent energy levels, focus, stable moods and reduced cravings.
- Starting your day with a fueling balanced breakfast.
Aim to include a balanced breakfast which includes carbohydrates and protein. Carbohydrates contain fiber which provides fullness, it stabilizes blood sugar levels, it can help to lower cholesterol and promote regularity. A breakfast which includes protein has shown to improve satiety throughout the day and prevent evening cravings. Stay updated on our social media for great ideas and recipes!
This new year we have more tools than ever to help you get back on the ball with your goals. Here are a few of our suggestions:
- Feeling like you need a new fresh start? We’ve partnered with Watts Juicery to give you exactly that, Click here to check out our cleanse!
- Do you feel like your pantry is what’s keeping you from moving forward as your healthiest self? Join us for one of our Grocery Store Tours, we’ll revamp your pantry with great new healthy products you’ve never even taken a second look at before. Can’t make it to one of our grocery store tours? You can book a private one for yourself!
- Once you’ve taken our Grocery Store tour, re-order your favorite products from our amazon page! Click here to check out a few of our personal favorites, directly from amazon!
- If you feel like you’re completely out of your league with this whole healthy lifestyle thing, Come talk to us! We make personalized, non restrictive meal plans to help you live a sustainable lifestyle so you never feel like your failing but progressing!
Let the small steps and accomplishments be your motivation! Remember: Progress over Perfection!
Save this picture & make it your wallpaper for a friendly daily reminder: