The holidays are here, and healthy gift giving can be HARD! Here is a list of our favorite 2016 Healthy Holiday Gifts! The best part about these gifts? The majority of them can be purchased on Amazon Prime and shipped to your front step in less than 48 hours! This makes holiday shopping 100% STRESS free!
- Swell Water Bottle: Hydration is key for reaching all of your health and wellness goals. What better way to stay hydrated than a trendy water bottle? For all of you other Floridians out there, you can understand us when we say how important it is to keep your water ice cold. Ever leave your plastic water bottle in the car only to come back to boiling hot water? Swell and SIC Cups stay ice cold and offer hundreds of bright beautiful patterns.
- In-home workout equipment: We all love a good sweat session! As a personal trainer and registered dietitian, I have heard many client say, “I don’t have time to get to the gym.” Although that eliminates a fitness class, that does NOT mean an in-home workout is out of the question. My favorite full body piece of equipment is the TRX band. You can perform hundreds of different bodyweight exercises with only one piece of equipment!
- Veggetti Pro: Because who doesn’t love a vegetable spiralizer? This amazing kitchen gadget is only $19.99 on Amazon and can spiralize tons of different fruits and veggies. Sweet potato curly fries, apple chips, zucchini pasta, beet chips, onion straws, carrot chips, coleslaw, OH MY! It is all possible with the Veggetti! I have taught multiple cooking classes with this gadget and my participants always leave wanting one of their own!
- Succulent Garden: These plants are amazing for multiple reasons! They are extremely affordable and need very little water to survive. Succulents fit perfectly on a window sill, desk, or any decorative shelf. Succulents create a trendy, beautiful, simplistic décor. Low maintenance plants are the perfect gift for anyone!
- Magazines & Books: Cost: $10-20. Yes, the world has gone digital, but there is something about flipping through a health magazine while on a treadmill or soaking in an Epson salt bath. A yearly subscription to Men’s Health, Cooking Light, Shape, Food & Wine, Eating Well, or Fitness Magazine won’t break the bank, but will be a great gift that gives year round.
- Vitamix or Nutribullet: Cost: $120 (Nutribullet) or $400-700 (Vitamix). Both of these are the gold standard when it comes to blending/mixing. You can make smoothies, juices, soups, dressings, etc. The Vitamix has a bit more power and ease of use, but for the cost, Nutribullet may be best for gift giving option for you. You can also consider getting a refurbished Vitamix to lessen the cost.
- Oil Mister: Cost: $15-30. Keep oil handy for different cooking applications, enhance your grilling, or add a hint of flavor to foods with this gadget. One tablespoon of olive oil contains 120 calories and 14 grams of fat. Although there are nutritional benefits from the heart healthy fats, the key to success is watching the portion size. The oil mister can help reduce overusing oil and save you hundreds of calories!
- Meal Prep Service. Cost: $8-14/meal. There is nothing better than coming home from work and knowing dinner is already prepared! Fortunately for us in Jacksonville, there are many great companies that offer healthy meals to be delivered to your door weekly! Your loved one can choose from calorie limits, gluten free, vegan, paleo, etc. My personal favorites are Kathy’s Table, J.William Culinary, and SuperFit Foods.
- FabFitFun Box: Scarves, to-go mugs, essential oils, hair mask, face mask, the list goes on and on. This box charges a seasonal membership for $49.99 per month. The box contains about 10 items related to health, beauty, and fitness! Some products are worth three times the amount of the box itself. This is a great way to get expose friends and family to top notch health and beauty products!
- Fabletics VIP Membership: This is probably my latest obsession—quality workout clothes (entire outfits) sent straight to my front door each month for only $49.00! Each month you can choose to bypass the monthly fee and skip the outfit all together. If you don’t skip the monthly fee, then you are sent a super trendy outfit designed by Kate Hudson! The perfect gift for any workout girl.
- Dinner in a Box. Cost: $10-30 per person. Do you have someone on your list who loves to cook, but doesn’t have the time or know how to shop? Several companies will now deliver a recipe and all of the fresh ingredients to your door, many times being locally sourced. My favorite companies are Hello Fresh, Blue Apron, and Plated. Meals typically take only 30 minutes to cook!
- Sign up for a fitness event for 2: Groupon and Living Social offer various fitness classes at discounted rates. Another option is to call ahead to see which studios offer FREE classes to their first-time clients. Orange Theory Fitness, Title Boxing, and UFC Boxing are just three out of MANY nationwide studios that honor a free class for your first time! Take advantage of FREE fitness!
There you have it; our favorite healthy holiday gifts! Whether you want to spend $0 or $500, there is something for everyone on our list! Have questions about the gifts or our nutritional services? Contact us at email@example.com and 904-250-0075!