Football season is back and you know what that means…food, friends, cocktails, and lots of extra calories! Football Sundays don’t always have to be packed with calories. Watch our segment with River City Live for some quick tips on how to enjoy your tailgates with yummy, healthy options!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 package low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- 8 ounces (2 ½ cup) cubed chicken breast
- ½ cup sliced scallions
- Optional: Shredded Cabot 50% less fat cheese
- Preheat over to 400 degrees.
- Mix the softened cream cheese and yogurt together in a large bowl until smooth
- Stir in hot sauce, seasonings, and scallions.
- Pour the dip into baking dish and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly. If desired, top the dish with cheese.
Skinny Spinach-Artichoke Dip
- 1 cup shelled edamame (can be found in frozen aisle, prepare according to directions on package)
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed & squeezed dry (can substitute with fresh)
- 1 9-ounce package frozen chopped artichoke hearts, thawed (can substitute with canned/jarred)
- 1 1/2 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan or pecorino romano cheese
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree the edamame and place in bowl.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes. Add the spinach and artichoke hearts and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Stir in the yogurt and lemon juice.
- In the food processor, puree half of the spinach/artichoke mixture. Then, fold into the remaining spinach/artichoke mixture along with the pureed edamame, cheese, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the dip to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with additional parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast) if desired.
- Serve with any dietitian approved dippers. Enjoy!
- Bell Peppers
- Snap Peas
- Jicama (try a new veggie you’ve never had before)!
- Way Better Snacks
- Plantain Chips
- Beanitos Bean Chips
- Terra Chips
- Late July
- Harvest Snaps
- Beet Chips
- Multiseed Crunchmaster Crackers