Written by Anna Crum – Office Manager of Dietitians of Palm Valley.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! With the holidays around the corner, we have come up with a list of some of our favorite holiday gift ideas. Whether you are looking for a stocking stuffer or that special gift, we’ve got you covered! What’s great about our list, is that most of them can be purchased via Amazon Prime and can be shipped to your home within 48 hours! We’ve added all the items listed below and MORE for you to browse, click here to get your holiday shopping on!
- Hydro Flask Water Bottle!
As a nutrition and dietetic student, I’m always running back and forth to my classes in this Floridian heat. Hydration is so important for our overall health. Something that I always keep handy is my Hydro Flask Water Bottle! The Hydro Flask water bottle will stay cold for hours even when left in your car!
- Anti-Diet: Reclaim Your Time, Money, Well-Being, and Happiness Through Intuitive Eating by Christy Harrison.
We are so excited about Christy Harrison’s new book ‘Anti-Diet’! It will be released on December 24th and is available now for pre-order on Amazon! If you are fed up with diet-culture and ready to reclaim your life, time, money, well-being, and happiness. This book is for you! Not only is it a great resource for yourself, but also a great gift for friends and family.
- Essential Oil Diffuser! There is nothing better than coming home from work and using essential oils to zen out! De-stress and recharge with an essential oil diffuser! This is the perfect gift for that loved one that is always hustling. It will fit perfectly in your house or in your office at work!
- Essential Oils! Can’t buy an essential oil diffuser without some essential oils! Did you know that there are numerous ways you can use essential oils?! You can use it to make your home smell wonderful, to alleviate a cold/cough, or even make your own body spray! We love to mix our essential oils – try mixing lavender and lemongrass for a refreshing and relaxing scent! Or use them by themselves, peppermint is a great oil to use if you are fighting a cold this holiday season!
- Meal Prep Service! There is nothing better than coming home from work and knowing dinner is already prepared! Fortunately for us in Jacksonville and all over the U.S., there are many great companies that offer healthy meals to be delivered to your door weekly! Some of our favorites here in Jacksonville are Kathy’s Table and SuperFit Foods.
- Succulent Garden! These plants are amazing for multiple reasons! They are extremely affordable and need very little water to survive. Succulents fit perfectly on a window sill, desk, or any decorative shelf. Succulents create a trendy, beautiful, simplistic décor. Low maintenance plants are the perfect gift for anyone! My personal favorite is anything with tiny cactuses!
- Italian Cooking Classes!Give the gift of learning to cook! Diane of Italian Cooking Classes located right here in Jacksonville, FL will bring Italy right to your kitchen. From private cooking classes to Italian wine and cheese nights. Diane does it all! She has many special events going on for the month of December so make sure to check out her website linked above! Gift certificates are also available for purchase on her website!
- Fuzzy Socks & Fuzzy Blankets … because you can never have too many! Nothing screams Christmas like a pair of fuzzy socks in your stocking! I grew up getting a new pair every year, it was one of my favorite parts about Christmas morning! Have you ever heard anyone complain about getting fuzzy socks or a fuzzy blanket… yup either have I! This gift idea is for those loved ones that can make shopping a little bit difficult! 😉
- Sauna Sessions & More! If you follow us on social media I am sure you’ve seen us post about Degree Wellness! We are obsessed with their infrared sauna and know you will be too. It’s a great way to spend your Self-care Sundays and any day of the week that works with your schedule! They also have cryotherapy, joov red light therapy, and dry float therapy! Give the gift of self-care this holiday season! If you don’t have access to a place like Degree Wellness, try booking a few massage sessions for your gift! Use code ‘DPV’ for 20% off any service at Degree Wellness!
- Air Fryer! Who doesn’t love simple and easy meals with minimal cooking time?! This air fryer has been on my Christmas list since about February… Hahaha. Easy to use, quick cooking time, and very versatile! A must-have gift for the chef in your family.
- Rise Bars! If you’ve ever had the chance to stop by or come into our office for a consultation you know we are ALL about the snacks! You may even have seen the office tour Sammy did on our Instagram story a couple of weeks back! We’ve been loving RISE Bars lately and know that your family will too! Use code ‘DOPV’ for FREE shipping off orders from there website!
- Instant Pot! I know this was the gift of the year last Christmas… but if you don’t have one, it’s seriously time to pull the plug! Instapots are a game-changer if you have a busy work schedule! We’ve even added an Instant Pot recipe booklet to our holiday gift guide to help you navigate creating some delicious recipes.
- Always More Books! In addition to Christy Harrison’s new book Anti-Diet, here are some other ‘must-reads’!
- Intuitive Eating and the Intuitive Eating Workbook by Evelyn Tribole & Elyse Resch – You can also pre-order the newest addition being released in June 2020!
- The F*ck It Diet by Caroline Dooner
- Just Eat It by Laura Thomas
- Health at Every Size by Linda Bacon & Body Respect by Linda Bacon and Lucy Aphramor
- Blue Light Glasses! If you’ve watched our Instagram stories, I’m sure you’ve seen Sammy wearing her signature blue light glasses! These are a MUST if you spend hours at your laptop for work! Blue light glasses can help protect your eyes, and aids in better sleep!
- Homesick Scented Candles! Know a loved one that gets homesick? These candles are the perfect gift for them, and for any college students living away from home!
- To-Go Ware! The perfect utensils to pack if you are looking for ways to be more sustainable and environmentally friendly! These come in the cutest package and a clip to hook on to your bag/backpack! Includes chopsticks, fork, spoon, and knife. You can also pair this gift with reusable straws or my personal favorite, Stasher Bags!
- Work with Us! Give the gift of health this Christmas! Know someone who would love and benefit from a nutrition consultation with us? No problem, we have gift cards! Contact us today to purchase a gift card for your loved one!