When I first started my training in my early twenty’s I fell into a very disordered relationship with food which lasted a long time. Like most health/nutrition professionals in this space we can get overly obsessed with food management. I let food restriction overcome my life. I spent many years saying no to social events and being afraid of what I could or could not eat. I counted my calories obsessively and worked out 7 days a week. It was not a healthy way to live.
When I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease, I learned that food was healing. I really focused on the fact that food can make you feel good, give you energy and improve your life in ways I had never thought before. I have since found a balance between eating to fuel and heal my body and also to enjoy my life. I am passionate about helping people reach their food freedom goals and I am excited to share my experience and knowledge.
I am a mother of three super busy teenagers and one super lazy dog!
Julie has a bachelor’s degree in Nutrition and Dietetics from the University of Delaware and a master’s degree in Nutrition Education and Marketing from St. Joseph’s University. She then went on to become a Certified Diabetes Educator and spent a good part of her career in Diabetes one-on-one counseling and teaching classes. Julie has many years of experience working in weight management and helping people create a healthy relationship with food. She has also worked with people to remove diet mentality and focus on healthy eating habits that are sustainable. She feels meeting people where they are and working together as a team provides long lasting results.
Through the duration of her career she has broadened her focus to more holistic nutrition focusing not only on food, but the whole lifestyle as well as focusing on Autoimmune Disease and AIP elimination diet counseling. Julie is also a Certified Transformational Nutrition coach and Certified Digestive & Hormone Specialist from the Institute of Transformational Nutrition and an Autoimmune Paleo Certified Coach.
- Registered Dietitian
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist in Florida
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
- Certified Transformational Nutrition Coach (CTNC)
- AIP Certified Coach (Autoimmune Protocol)
- Certified Digestive Health Specialist
- Certified Hormone Health Specialist
Fun Facts about Julie
- Julie grew up with her husband Jimmy and has known him since 6th grade but did not get married until she was 33 and they never dated before then!
- Julie is an avid reader and loves reading daily (yet has never been in a book club).
- Julie moved here from Princeton, NJ in 2000 and now her parents, three siblings and their families all live within 15 minutes.
- Julie has a Maltese named Teddy who is actually her fourth child.
- Julie loves cooking and spends many Sunday’s meal prepping for the week.
- Julie is a research nerd and loves to do deep dive into anything relating to health and nutrition.