Sammy joined forces with Mindy in May 2016 and together they founded: Dietitians of Palm Valley. Sammy graduated from Penn State University with a B.S. in Nutritional Sciences and a minor in Kinesiology (fitness studies). Sammy worked in the Sports Nutrition department at Penn State with all 31-varsity teams.
In addition to working in athletics, she served as a Retail Registered Dietitian for ShopRite Supermarkets in New Jersey. She specializes in individual nutritional coaching as well as grocery store tours, creating corporate wellness challenges, and nutrition workshops. She is a certified personal trainer through NASM, National Academy of Sports Medicine, and previously served on Penn State’s Strength and Fitness Advisory Board.
- Registered Dietitian
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist in Florida
- Certified Personal Trainer—National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certificate in Training Supermarket Business and Industry Skills
- Certificate in Training in Adult Weight Management
- CPR/AED certified
Fun Facts about Sammy
- Sammy has completed four half marathons!
- Sammy has been skydiving in Cumberland, Maryland.
- Sammy danced for 46-hours straight in Penn State’s Dance Marathon, THON, to raise money to fight pediatric cancer (2013)!