“Yes, I am a dietitian and a personal trainer, but I am definitely human too…and far from perfect. I have gone through stages in my life where I felt like food controlled me. I thought I was “being good” Monday through Friday (by restricting certain food groups) and giving myself a “get out of jail free” card on the weekends (overindulging in foods I would restrict during the week). I remember cutting specific food groups (cough cough…carbs) thinking that if I just ate less of something then the scale would go down and all my problems would go away…until Monday came again. It was not until I started looking at food as a fuel source that I was able to feel comfortable in my own skin, improve digestion, and live a happier life. I gave up dieting forever (ironic that I am a DIETitian) and I encourage all of my clients to do the same.” –Note from Sammy Previte.
Sammy joined forces with Mindy in May 2016 and together they founded: Dietitians of Palm Valley. Sammy graduated from Penn State University with a B.S. in Nutritional Sciences and a minor in Kinesiology (fitness studies). Sammy worked in the Sports Nutrition department at Penn State with all 31-varsity teams.
In addition to working in athletics, she served as a Retail Registered Dietitian for ShopRite Supermarkets in New Jersey. She specializes in individual nutritional coaching as well as grocery store tours, corporate wellness, and nutrition workshops. She is a certified personal trainer through National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), and previously served on Penn State’s Strength and Fitness Advisory Board.
Sammy enjoys working with all different populations. Her favorite part about being a dietitian is helping others create peace with food. Many people believe that dietitians are the food police–this is simply untrue. Sammy believes that food was made to provide our bodies with nourishment and pleasure. Sammy treats each client with individualized care based on their specific needs.
- Registered Dietitian
- Licensed Dietitian/Nutritionist in Florida
- National Academy of Sports Medicine Certified Personal Trainer
- Certificate in Training Supermarket Business and Industry Skills
- Certificate in Training in Adult Weight Management
- CPR/AED certified
Fun Facts about Sammy
- Sammy has completed four half marathons.
- Sammy has been skydiving in Cumberland, Maryland.
- Sammy is 50% Greek (maiden name: Pappas) and has been to Greece twice—her favorite islands are Crete & Santorini.
- Sammy danced for 46-hours straight in Penn State’s Dance Marathon, THON, to raise money to fight pediatric cancer (2013)!